This message is written out of frustration, and I’m going to try to keep it short. Everyone is experiencing challenges these days. Heck, even Wall Street is feeling it. Anytime an individual billionaire offers rescue funds to save one of the greedy banks that helped create this mess, you know times are hard.
I think that the only way to make things better, even in these challenging times, is to stop complaining and criticizing, and to start doing something.
The first two excuses that people are quick to spit out are “I don’t have time” and “I don’t have money.” First, allow me to say that’s some bull! Money could well be an issue, but everyone has time. Nowadays, people have more time on their hands than they claim to do.
Consider the following:
- National unemployment is looming at 9.1% with black unemployment rates well above 60%. There are very few new jobs being created, and you don’t spend 40 hours per week looking for one. You have time.
- Higher unemployment rates translate into higher crime rates which have increased over the past 3 years. And what’s up with all of these people robbing seniors?? These people have time.
- Let’s not forget all of the time spent on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Google + and other social sites.
- Facebook has “more than 750 million active users,” and more than half of them log on to Facebook in any given day.
- The “average user has 130 friends,” and over “700 billion minutes per month” have been logged.
- “Over 3 billion videos are viewed a day” on YouTube by people ranging in age from 18 to 54 years old.
- To date, over 200 million tweets per day have been recorded on Twitter.
- Think about all of the things you WASTE time on including complaining and criticizing
So, if there is something you think that could be done better or differently, do it! You don’t have to wait for other people to do it. There is always a need, and you have time to dedicate to it. I’m not suggesting to make this a job or even a weekly project; I’m just saying, “Shut up and do something!”