The NHSC awards scholarships each year to students pursuing careers in primary care. The scholarship includes:
- Payment for tuition, required fees, and other reasonable educational costs
- Monthly support stipend (taxable)
- Assistance in finding a practice site
In return, students commit to serve in the Corps for two to four years in an underserved community located in a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA) upon their graduation and licensure.
To receive an NHSC scholarship, you must be a:
- U.S. citizen or U.S. national
- Full-time student at an accredited school, pursuing a degree in:
- Medicine (MD or DO)
- Dentistry (DDS or DMD)
- Nurse practitioner
- Certified nurse-midwife
- Physician assistant (in primary care)
Visit the National Health Service Corps for more information and for instructions on how to apply.