I had the honor of meeting Kari Lydersen, a highly accomplished Chicago journalist and the author of this book, Mayor 1%: Rahm Emanuel and the Rise of Chicago’s 99%, at an event held by the Community Media Workshop and she was so cool. And this book is amazing.
You need to read this book ASAP! Election year for city council is next year.
If you don’t really like reading, you need to make an exception for this book. If you don’t feel like time you have time to read; make it!
Other People who need to read this book
- Low-income (you’re so far away from his 1% that you don’t even matter)
- Chicago Public Teachers
- Any city worker that has been laid off because of budget cuts (this really means that your previous salary is making the owner of a private company richer)
- People experiencing mental health challenges
- South Siders (who haven’t sold out)
- West Siders (who haven’t sold out)
- Politicians who aren’t afraid to lose their jobs
- Seniors who have lost benefits because of “budget cuts”
- Any body else who has been slighted for any reason during his tenure
And if you are one of the few Chicagoans who earn less than $1 million and don’t feel like you’ve been screwed with no lube, this article in Pando Daily tells how Mayor Emanuel is cutting pensions of city workers to pad the pockets of his campaign donors.
Anyway, if you’re interested in getting to know your mayor better, order your copy today!