Violence & Criminal Justice: What More Needs to Be Done?
The Workshop hosts a forum on criminal justice and youth violence on April 17, 2014.
We’ll be talking about how the courts, detention, prison, and probation systems impact individuals and communities snared by violence.
A panel discussion by legal, mental health, and prison experts will be followed by interviews with a dozen community groups and organizations.
• Elizabeth Clarke, Juvenile Justice Initiative
• Julie Biehl, Children and Family Justice Center, Northwestern Law School
• Elena Quintana, Adler School of Professional Psychology
• Charles Perry, Westside Health Authority
• Tony Lowery, Safer Foundation
• Father David Kelly, Precious Blood Ministry of Reconciliation
This a joint effort of the Community Media Workshop and Strengthening Chicago’s Youth, an effort of Lurie Children’s Hospital.
When: 10 am to noon – Thursday, April 17, 2014
Where: Columbia College Chicago, 1104 S. Wabash Ave., 8th Floor
A joint-program for journalists and neighborhood groups of the Community Media Workshop and Strengthening Chicago’s Youth, an effort of Lurie Children’s Hospital.
For more information: Steve Franklin, Community Media Workshop,
Office 312 369 6400 – cell 773 595 8667